Garbage pick up
Within Town limits:
Tuesday and Friday.
Monday and Thursday
Recycling Depot Location: Highway #5 and York Crescent, next to Animal Shelter
Hours of Operation:
Wednesday 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
For more information: 867-872-0806 or Fort Smith Recycling Information
Landfill & Solid Waste Management Facility
Fort Smith’s Landfill & Solid Waste Management Facility (Nuisance Grounds) are located approximately 9 kilometres west of Town on Highway 5.
Landfill & Solid Waste Facility Hours of Operation: .
Tuesday to Saturday
Summer Hours: 10:00am to 6:00pm*
Winter Hours: 10:00am to 5:00pm
****Closed Sundays, Mondays and Stat Holidays****
Landfill & Solid Waste Management Facility Office phone: 872-2840
* Please be bear aware when visiting the Landfill Site during the summer season.
For more information on the Landfill & Solid Waste Facility, tipping fees, and its policies see document attached below.
Spring and Fall Clean-up Days
During these special days residents are welcome to leave large items such as washers, dryers, refrigerators and yard work debris on their property’s curb for pick up at a charge of $40.
Watch the Town Community Calendar for important registration dates and information for the Spring and Fall Clean Up Events.
Visit or call the Town Office at 872-8400 with the following details:
- Residence address
- Description of materials slated for pick up
- Contact phone number(s)
- $40 payment
Spring and Fall Clean-up restrictions include:
- No vehicles, but tipping fees at the landfill are waived for the duration of the Clean-up.
- No household hazardous waste such as propane tanks, batteries, paint or used oils.
- No construction materials
- Small items must be boxed or bagged.
- Brush and willows must be bundled
- Trees must be limbed and cut into 4-foot lengths