An abundance of weekly programs for adults, youth, and children are offered through the Fort Smith Recreation and Community Centre and the Mary Kaeser Library. Click here to see scheduled events and here to learn more about the library.
The Fort Smith Recreation and Community Centre facilities include:
- A large gymnasium with a stage and mezzanine. The gymnasium can accommodate a regulation size basketball court, volley ball court, and three badminton courts.
- An accessible and family-friendly swimming pool. The pool has four swimming lanes, two water slides, a Jacuzzi hot tub, a sauna, and a steam room. Programming for all ages is available and is posted to the Fort Smith Pool page.
- A curling rink
- Pete’s Gym, where you can find treadmills, stationary bikes, step machines, an elliptical trainer, a rowing machine, weight and lift equipment, free weights, and press benches.
- A fitness room for yoga, body sculpting and martial arts.
- A squash court
- Multi-purpose rooms for community programs.
- A movie theatre
- A concession stand
For more information, call the Recreation and Community Centre at (867) 872-4732.
The Centennial Arena is home to Minor Hockey, Figure Skating, Adult Recreation Hockey, Women's Hockey and Public Skating. In the summer concerts, play groups and indoor sporting events take place.The arena is open from October through March for winter sports, and hosts numerous community events in the warmer months including a weekly farmers market, trade shows, and concerts.